If you are new here, welcome. If you are a frequent visitor, hello, and yes, it is that time of year again, when I share with you some of my favorite data, because you know I love data. Today we are answering one of the most asked questions I get, "What is the best month to sell my home?" And today we are focusing on the Township of The Woodlands. (One thing to keep in mind, is that I am sharing high-sold months in this blog post, and it is important to remember it takes most homes 28-42 days to close. I talk about the best months to list in the takeaways paragraph towards the end, before my "signature".)
For my calculations, I focused on 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom homes, between 3000 and 4000 square feet, and I looked at historical data for the past 10 years, from 2013 through 2022. I am going to include a chart that averaged the sales prices, of 2,899 homes organized by month and year sold, so be sure to look for it towards the bottom of this post.
In 2022, April was the best month to sell, and November was the worst. Below you will see the five best months to sell.
In 2022, we started to see the stall of homes sold in the month of August*. Guessing. Go back and check.
But in 2021, July was the best month to sell, and April was the worst. Below you will see the five best months of that year.
In 2020, November was the best month to sell, and January was the worst month to sell. Below you will see the five best months of that year.
Now for some fun and real comparison, let's check out the pre-covid year of 2019. In 2019, the best month to sell was June, which was also the best month in 2018, and November & April were the worst times to sell. (See all graphics legibly here.)
Are you ready for some more really mind-blowing data? I keep telling people our inventory is low here in The Woodlands. And this was an overall feeling, and I didn't have the data printed to carry around with me. Well, today I am sharing that printout with you! In every single month of 2021 and 2022 there were fewer active listings on the market than any other month in the past 10 years. And the months of December 2021 - March 2022 were the historical lowest. (See all graphics legibly here.)
I want to leave you with two more sets of information housed in the graphic below. First, we have the sales price to list price ratio, which shows a slowdown in the marketing starting in September, and the second graphic shows us the historical average price per square foot for the last 5 years. (See all graphics legibly here.)
What I want you to take away from this blog post is:
- Before COVID and before The Woodlands was named the best place to live in America, inventory was high.
- The inventory has been at a record low for 26 months, which means the supply is not keeping up with the demand. This really means we won't be seeing any price drops, anytime soon.
- Homes have always sold really close to the asking price (right on track with the national average of 97% - 98%), with us not seeing 100%ish+ until March of 2021 to October 2022.
- The Woodlands is a good investment only if it fits your definition of affordability.
- Right now is a great time to sell in The Woodlands.
- Right now is a great time to buy on the outskirts of The Woodlands.
- (See all graphics legibly here.)
- According to pre-covid data, the best months to list are going to be March-May and August/September-October, this is when inventory is at its lowest, due to most people sell when school is not in session. (Think supply up, prices down.)
Two blog posts you don't want to miss:
- My first newsletter - 1st & 15th - January 1st, 2023 - Link | Sign up for our newsletter.
- 10 Neighborhoods to Watch in 2023 - Link
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you are thinking about relocating to Houston or the Houston suburbs, I hope you reach out to me. I would love to be your REALTOR® and your resource.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! Jordan@byjoandco.com.
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.