Hi there. Have you ever wondered if there's anywhere in Texas to go for apple picking? I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there's actually a few apple orchards here and I wanted to share them with you!
Sonlight Apple Orchard
- This orchard is known for producing the sweetest apples in the country, with 14% more sugar in their apples. They've been open since 1984 and have Red, Golden, Fuji, Cameo, Gold Rush, and Pink Lady apples. They also have an adorable bed & breakfast on site called the Apple Cottage B&B which is just a minutes walk from the town square!
600 Austin Street, Mason TX 76856
Love Creek Orchards
- Founded by a couple in 1981, this apple orchard offers apple picking, as well as other seasonal fruits. They even have a store & café where you can purchase tons of homemade goods & choose from a menu full of delicious southern comfort foods. During the fall there's a pumpkin patch with farm animals, hay mazes, hayrides, fun games, and scare crow building!
14024 TX-16 N, Medina TX 78055
- There's a lovely bed & breakfast in the hill country called Cool Water Acres just 13 miles from the orchard. It's cabin style and on 54 acres of land, with a private 7 acre lake & waterfall.
Apple Valley Orchard
- This orchard on 32 acres has over 500 trees for apple picking, as well as berries, peaches, figs, and other seasonal fruits. They also have an on site store that sells homemade goods, local honey, ice cream, apple cider, pies, and much more. There's tons of different trees that bloom beautiful flowers that makes for amazing views!
12340 TX-16, Llano TX 78643
- If you're looking for a place to stay, there's the amazing Mustard Seed Bed & Breakfast on the Llano just minutes away. The cottages are stunning and have modern amenities while still being in the midst of nature, there's hot tubs, flat screen TVs, porch swings, and fire places.
- The Efurd family has been producing high quality fruits & vegetables since 1972. Their orchard offers apples, peaches, plums, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, blueberries, and strawberries. They have a store where you can get homemade ice cream, jams, and many other goods. There's a small pond on the land and vintage trucks!
4004 Highway 271 South, Pittsburg TX 75686
- There's some awesome vacation rentals on a wine vineyard just 2 miles down the road called Relax & Wine Down. The land is stunning and the bungalows have everything you need & more, they're pet friendly as well.
All of these orchards offer a great experience and a chance to appreciate the hard work & love that goes into growing fresh fruits & vegetables, as well as a wonderful way to spend time with your family!